The Vaad Hakashrut serves as the kosher-certification agency for the Greater Kansas City area with the mission of providing a national standard of supervision for its commercial clients, communal organizations, local caterers and the local community.
The Vaad HaKashruth of Kansas City is looking for an energetic, positive, knowledgeable individual with strong interpersonal skills to take over as the Vaad’s Executive Director and Rabbinic Coordinator.
The right candidate will act as primary liaison between mashgichim, clients, community organizations and the board of directors, and will be tasked with overseeing day to day operations and growing new business throughout the metropolitan area and region.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the Vaad positively in the Community.
- Working with the Board of Directors on the development and ongoing implementation of the
- Vaad’s mission and strategic plan.
- Scheduling all Mashgiach coverage.
- Enforcing policy and monitoring and visiting commercial accounts.
- Supervising and supporting on-site Mashgichim including onsite visits.
- Compiling and submitting budgets and payroll.
- Maintaining the the Vaad’s website, email marketing and social media platforms.
- Coordinating Vaad events.
- Being accessible and answering community Kashrut questions.
- College Degree or equivalent
- Rabbinic ordination preferred
- Some food service or Mashgiach experience
- Strong admin skills
Please submit your application and resume using the form below.
This is a full-time position and benefits include paid vacation, medical and dental.